Educational Objectives, At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Name 2 sources that will help you find inspiration, ideas and trending topics
- List ways to market your article/book on a shoestring budget
- List writing markets to make money freelancing
Target audience: Registered Dietitian/Nutritionists, Certified Diabetes Educators who are Registered Nurses, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Physician Assistants, Physicians and other health care professionals working with persons with diabetes.
Speaker Lorena Drago, MS, RDN, CDN, CDE
Author of the books:
- Beyond Rice and Beans: The Caribbean Guide to Eating Well with Diabetes and
- 15-Minute Consultation: Tips, Tools, and Activities to Make your Nutrition Counseling More Effective
- Contributing author and co-editor of the book Cultural Food Practices and Diabetes
- Print Communications Chair of the Diabetes Care and Education Specialty Practice Group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (2012-2015)
- Department Editor for American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) In Practice
- Winner of the Diabetic Living People’s Choice Award in 2012
Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
Registered dietitians (RDs) and dietetic technicians, registered (DTRs) will receive 1.0 continuing professional education units (CPEUs) for completion of this program.
Certified Diabetes Educators
The Commission on Dietetic Registration is an approved provider of the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educator. Certified Diabetes Educators can use this continuing professional education units (CPEUs) for renewal of certification.
Statement of Credit: Your statement of credit will be issued upon completion of the program. Contact us for additional information.
Sponsor: Information not available